Friday, December 18, 2009

Indian democracy at signals..!!!

Red light flashed in a traffic signal more frequently than the other two. Vehicles were moving as slow as a snail and i was totally pissed off with the heat outside .Finally i reached somewhere close to the signal not before i waited for 3 signal changes.Then Saw a little gal approaching my scootywearing a torn skirt and a top....with few ear buds packet and safety pins.She was selling it...Her job is not to beg...but to sell those to the cars and scooters which stops in the signals...sHe came near me and asked me whether i wud need those stuffs... I said i dont want but she kept on insisting me to buy it... When i was struggling to handle his selling pressure.I saw"Tear drops" which was about to flow down of that little gal's eye..My whole day went for a toss.....that picture is still in my heart...not able to forget the tears which was stacked in those little eyes...I didnt know how to react..i told her to sit on my pep took her to a resturent and bought food for her i was shocked to hear her story...I dont know one damnnn thing in this...Should we appreciate these kids because they are not begging but selling something or doing some kind of work to earn??? ....I would ....if they dont take advantage of it thinking that its an easy way to make money.So..wat is the way to eradicate it??. begging shudnt be the option for them at that age....infact at all ages.Being a human being in this country, who wants to do something for the society but doesnt have the authority, to give these kids some work or doesnt have the financial power to give them education and food ....So, do we have to leave it to the govt ????who is partially responsible for the state of these people????....

No comments: